Materials Engineer Student
Materials Engineering Student 2013
The materials engineering department has an opening for a student position. The student will use their material engineering knowledge to work with department engineers on development and manufacturing issues. Responsibilities include maintaining databases where materials usage in our products are entered and tracked, utilizing various equipment such as optical microscopes and electron microscopes, performing mechanical testing of parts and be responsible for documenting and presenting results.
- Hands-on engineering
- Team player
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
Usability Engineer Student-Fall
Fall student position for students who are pursuing a degree in psychology, human computer interaction or human factors engineering. Also will consider students who have a mechanical, computer science or electrical engineering degree. Student must have strong technical knowledge, detail oriented individual, and excellent communication skills.
Job duties include working to help setup and conduct usability testing, heuristic evaluations of Lexmark and competitor products, data analysis, and presentation/video editing.
Professional Service Student-Fall
Looking for a Digital communications design student. Student actively pursuing a design related degree in either Graphic Design, User Interface Design or Web Design or equivalent major to work with inhouse design team to develop concepts for software and applications. Must have good design skills and proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Good communication and people skills are important since student will work directly with a wide variety of disciplines.
Student position in the field of ISS Marketing.
· Identify and monitor competitors and research market conditions or changes in the industry that may affect Lexmark.
· Perform market analysis and market segmentation exercise.
· Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating findings into written text.
· Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
· Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
Prefer strong analytical skills and experience with excel and use of pivot tables.
Intern - Technical Support
Perceptive Software, a division of Lexmark, International, builds technology that gives organizations visibility to and control over all of the processes and data they need to work smarter, within the context of their enterprise software applications. We combine a practical knowledge of the customers business and the right mix of technology, with the most relevant best practices to deliver complete solutions that tackle todays biggest organizational challengesfinancial performance, managing risk and adapting to the future. As one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, Perceptive is always looking for talented professionals with the focus and the drive to go farther.
Perceptive Software, Inc. is enjoying rapid growth with its unique, patented document imaging, management and workflow software. We are currently seeking Product Support Interns. Interns are responsible for providing technical support to a customer base of system administrators and end-users.
- Work proactively and energetically interact in a team environment.
- Work with a highly diverse customer base.
- Learn new technology, including our document imaging suite of products.
- Manage multiple tasks while remaining detail oriented.
- Provide comprehensive support for our customer base, meet or exceed the standards of service outlined in our support and maintenance agreements, and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, and provide timely and accurate communication of issue status and resolution to the customer.
- Provide frontline product support for incoming phone, email and web based support requests.
- Follow standard troubleshooting processes through resolution, document all issues in Perceptive Softwares issue tracking database.
- Work with Perceptive Software team members to efficiently troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Work shift hours, provide back-up and emergency support when necessary.
- Previous help desk experience is a bonus.
- Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista, Unix (Solaris, HP/UX, AIX), Linux.
- Knowledge of Relational Database.
- Scripting Skills.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program seeking a Technical degree.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Knowledge of the following technologies is a plus:
- Messaging Systems: Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange, Novell GroupWise.
- Hardware: Peripheral installation configuration (scanners, SCSI cards, SCSI devices, fax boards).
- Networking: TCP/IP protocol, Ethernet, WAN, LDAP, Active Directory, Novell NetWare.