WordPress DeveloperBookmark This
244 W. Fifth Ave.
New York, NY
Internship Type: Virtual
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionThis position involves leading custom web development throughout the entire project life cycle. You will experience the freedom of building custom web sites using your own leadership and programming skills. Our web developers are capable of full cycle project leadership including application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, and database design/programming.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work. If you thrive by working side by side with one of the most experienced and professional teams in the industry while leading your solutions to successful completion, consider this opportunity as the next level in your professional development.
* Build websites and implement design on WordPress
* Use the best practices in WordPress development
* Ability to work without direct supervision
* Collaborate with team members for code and design reviews
WordPress Installation + Custom theme development.
* Write clean, well-engineered PHP code for WordPress.
* Understand the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion.
* Communicate effectively with project managers, technical leads, internet strategists, and other internal team members.
* Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
Additional skills are appreciated
* jQuery and CSS development skills
* Experience with scalability and high performance WordPress websites