Videography Intern *** PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.ASA.ORG/CAREERS ***Bookmark This
American Student Assistance
100 Cambridge Street
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Description*** PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.ASA.ORG/CAREERS ***
American Student Assistance® (ASA) is seeking an energetic, undergraduate intern to join our Marketing & Product Development team. The Videography Contributor intern will gain valuable, hands-on experience as well as portfolio material, in brand management and product development of SALTSM, a membership program that was created to help students take charge of their finances during college and beyond. Our interns attend staff meetings, and contribute to marketing, social media and product development strategy, as well as work and meet with fellow interns for skill development projects and events throughout the program. This is a paid internship and candidates must be able to work 10-25 hours per week over a three month spring semester engagement. Applicants for the videography internship must provide acceptable evidence of prior video production and editing work (e.g., links to videos, reels, storyboards, etc.).
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (e.g., in order to be considered to perform this position, the person must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities listed below):
• With the staff, collaborate on video content vision/storyboards.
• Participate in pre-production planning sessions.
• Produce and edit and otherwise post-produce live and animated videos for SALT ecosystem.
• Compress and prepare videos for posting online.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in ASA’s skill development programs for Spring Interns.
• Participate in Marketing & Product Development strategy meetings.
• Provide an end user point of view, opinions and feedback on Marketing and Product
Development initiatives in a constructive manner.
It is the responsibility of each associate at ASA to keep current with and apply all relevant company policies, regulations and laws impacting his/her area. This includes following standard operating procedures and complying with data privacy. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function listed above satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made in certain circumstances to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Major in Cinematography, Video, Film Production or related field preferred.
• Candidates should provide two videography examples with their application.
• Highly proficient with Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and comparable social networks.
• Strong candidates will possess an established social media network/presence.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must.
• Familiarity with saltmoney.org, blog.saltmoney.org and asa.org preferred.
• Passion about higher education or non-profit marketing is always a plus!
• Ability to take video project from initial concept to filming to post editing, whether live action or animation.
• Strong critical thinking, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be proactive, creative, hardworking and energetic.
• Must be willing to learn new things and comfortable sharing first-person stories in a written or video format.
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and therefore required. Unless otherwise specified in writing by ASA management, each associate is expected to perform his/her job at ASA headquarters at 100 Cambridge Street. All job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management, and every effort will be made, when possible, to communicate those changes to the associate.