Tennis Club Management InternBookmark This
International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
194 Bellevue Ave.
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid (College Credit Required)
DescriptionThe Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino, site of the first U.S. National Championships in 1881, was founded by tennis innovator James Van Alen in 1954 as "a shrine to the ideals of the game." The Tennis Hall of Fame was officially sanctioned by the United States Tennis Association in 1954 and was recognized by the International Tennis Federation in 1986. The Hall of Fame Tennis Clubs operates 13 outdoor grass court, 1 outdoor clay court and 3 indoor courts throughout the year. We separate our operations into two distinct seasons with the outdoor courts playable from May through Sept and the indoor courts playable from Sept into May of each year.
An intern’s concentration embraces the front desk information services, reservations, and financial transactions and record keeping as well as assisting with the Pro Shop sales, court maintenance and member relations. We are looking for students with a high level of people skills, sports management, accounting, finance and marketing. Prior high school or collegiate tennis team participation or avid tennis enthusiast a plus.
Responsibilities• Greet members and general public with a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
• Perform various administrative front desk duties such as answering the phone, taking reservations, processing financial transactions and recording the activity into the computer.
• Perform various club maintenance activities from vacuuming, cleaning, court maintenance and other daily activities that may present themselves in the day to day operations of the tennis club.
• Assist Pro Shop sales and service when required.
• Assist with tennis tournaments and club events
• Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times
Requirements• Must be highly motivated and able to function in a fast-paced, multitasking environment with ability to work independently.
• Should possess a good understanding of finance and accounting as it applies to a business concern.
• Students must possess excellent oral and communication skills
• Must be able to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
• Students should be proficient with Microsoft office suite and be comfortable with select customized software applications
• May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.