Special Events Intern (NH)Bookmark This
Alzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
Five Bedford Farms Drive Suite 201
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionSpecial Events Intern, 12-15 hours/week, Unpaid
Alzheimer’s Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Association operates out of its main office in Watertown, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and Bedford, NH.
Working with the Development team, the Special Events Intern would be responsible for the following:
• Assisting staff with coordinating annual special events, including the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
• Calls to past teams and current team captains
• Outreach to community groups
• Working vendor fairs
• Help secure logistics for walk day, permits, police detail, entertainment, food, etc.
• Help to develop additional tools for walkers, signage, forms, etc.
• Attend walk committee meetings if possible
• Assisting with developing, creating, and editing PR materials used to promote special events
• Conducting resource information research, database management, mailings, and outreach to ensure that our target audience is notified of our upcoming events
• Contacting donors and thanking them for their support of our programs, services and research grants program
Must have initiative and be a self-starter, with the ability to function as a member of a team • Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing • Flexible and willing to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Jason Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RequirementsKnowledge of the following software is preferred:
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
Experience with fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud Sphere is preferred but not required.