Office of the Governor - Communications InternBookmark This
Office of the Governor
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Office of the Governor – Christine Gregoire
The communications team for Governor Gregoire is seeking a highly motivated, highly capable intern to join their staff. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in a career in public affairs, public relations or communications.
Responsibilities: The communications intern will be responsible for compiling the Governor’s weekly AP schedule, weekly broadcast reports, media clips and assisting with social media. In addition, interns will draft written materials such as press releases, statements and media advisories. Interns should also be prepared to perform basic office duties and research as necessary. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in public affairs, media relations, research and the general communications field.
• College Junior or Senior or recent graduate of a 4 year college/university
• Should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong editing skills and knowledge of the AP style format
• Familiar with all social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.)
• Familiarity with video editing and/or broadcast experience desired
• Completed or working towards a degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while completing projects on-time
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
Salary and Location: Unpaid Internship. College credit may apply. This position is located in Olympia, Washington. Minimum time commitment of 20 hours a week required. Flexible on work hours, but prefer candidates who can begin work day at 7:00 a.m.
Application Process: Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your previous experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.