Office AssistantBookmark This
3027 N. Lamar Blvd, Suite 202
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionMaintain and oversee aspects of an office including but not limited to correspondence, filing,
ordering supplies and as needed activities.
1. Handle correspondence: Respond to individuals needing written communication. Compose letters when requested by executive staff. Be sure all correspondence is mailed in a timely manner.
2. Maintain office equipment: Operate, clean regularly, and recommend to the supervisor maintenance needs for all office equipment (i.e., copier, folding machine, typewriters, computer, etc.).
3. Oversee computer operations: Supervise all computer-related procedures. Plan overall utilization of computer capabilities. See that equipment is kept up-to-date. Generate reports as required.
4. Provide secretarial help: Help with correspondence, telephoning, and any other tasks that might be done to free staff as much as possible for more important duties.
5. Maintain office files: Keep all files in an orderly manner and prepare filing system directions for other users.
6. Administer lost-and-found center.
7. Keep track of office keys: Maintain a current list of key holders and provide keys to personnel as needed. Collect keys when people leave.
8. Open, date, and sort incoming mail.
9. Greet office visitors and respond to their needs.
10. Answer telephones and maintain answering machines.
11. Maintain office supplies. Order supplies as needed