Marketing InternBookmark This
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionSuperSibs!, a national nonprofit organization that recognizes, honors, and supports siblings of pediatric cancer patients, is seeking a Marketing Intern to commit to 12-15 hours/week for a minimum of 8-10 weeks. Position now available for Winter 2013. As the Marketing Intern, you will assist with marketing planning and execution to a wide audience through a variety of mediums including social media, newsletters, direct mail and events. The ideal SuperSibs! candidate is a junior or senior level Marketing major with a strong work ethic, excellent writing skills, and an interest in our mission to support siblings and their families through a cancer diagnosis. We welcome fresh ideas to help us achieve our objectives.
The SuperSibs! headquarters is open Monday through Friday from 9am-5:00pm. Interns are expected to work during business hours and commit to a consistent, weekly schedule for the duration of the internship.
All intern positions at SuperSibs! are UNPAID. Students will learn valuable leadership and team building skills while working at a national nonprofit organization. SuperSibs! offers a collaborative, creative environment in a small office setting. Email resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will assist with all aspects of development and marketing for a national nonprofit. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and execute a marketing plan, as well as monitor and improve the functionality of current marketing efforts already in existence
• Serve as communicator through SuperSibs! major social media channels by responding to various posts on different forums, researching the content that is to be published and creating new content.
• Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of SuperSibs! social media initiatives.
• Assist in other Marketing duties as directed.
• Researching marketing opportunities
• Managing communications strategy including: creating mass email updates, coordinating social media efforts
• Participate in weekly staff meetings, programming meetings, etc.
• Performing administrative duties as necessary
• Attending SuperSibs! events as needed