Law InternBookmark This
Becoming We the People
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionBecoming We the People is a non-profit organization working toward ending poverty as a means of realizing equality. Among the many projects we are working on, one of them is updating poverty measurements in the United States since they have not been updated since the 1960s! It is extremely important to update this so that those of us working on ending poverty can have an accurate count of how many people are in poverty. It is also important for everyone else so that the problems of unemployment, etc. are evident to everyone.
Working as an Intern for Becoming We the People:
• All of our interns are in a position to learn a lot. We work to develop your skills more than we focus on the work you do for us. We focus our internships on teaching you.
• It is an unpaid internship at this time.
• The work will be done from your home with the use of the Internet and a phone. We will have phone and online meetings to communicate. Depending on where you are located, we may have in person meetings. You will interact with others, it just may not be in-person the majority of the time.
• This is a unique opportunity to use your law school skills in a non-profit environment.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be doing mostly research. We are in the beginning stages of this process at the moment. You will be researching what is currently being done to update the measurements, what has been done, and how we should go about this, etc.
• Must be able to work independently, since you will be mostly working from home.
• Must have excellent researching skills.
• Must not be afraid to ask questions, especially questions that clarify details.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Must be able to work a minimum of 4 hours per week.
• Must be able to communicate effectively via phone, in-person, e-mail, and mail.