Software Engineer-Innovation Internship *** PLEASE APPLY TO WWW.ASA.ORG/CAREERS ***Bookmark This
American Student Assistance
100 Cambridge Street
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Description*** PLEASE APPLY TO WWW.ASA.ORG/CAREERS ***
This development team is working on next generation applications, frameworks and technical architecture in support of the new Salt Money web site. Team will collaborate with all ISD departments and business units to develop a working prototype to determine the products technical and feature feasibility.
This position provides an opportunity for software engineering students who are currently pursuing an advanced degree to get hands on experience working with cutting edge technologies, agile software development processes and leverages their use of social media experiences.
• Create design specifications for approved POC that will become new features in the Salt Money Application portfolio.
• Working experience with the following:
? Windows 2008, Windows 7, iOS
o Web Application Development
? .Net technologies
o Scripting Languages
o Application Server configuration
? IIS 7.X
? MS SQL Server 2008 (or higher), My SQL
o Database connectivity
? ODBC, DAO, ADO.Net
• Collaboration with development teams on design, code review, defining coding standards to productionize a product
• Collaboration with support teams on production issues
• Reverse engineer code and refactor to current standards
It is the responsibility of each associate at ASA to keep current with and apply all relevant company policies, regulations and laws impacting his/her area. This includes following standard operating procedures and complying with data privacy. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function listed above satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made in certain circumstances to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Rapid design, develop, debug and testing of working proof of concepts (POC).
• Rapid design, develop, debug, testing and support of adhoc business projects.
• Familiar with open source development tools and frameworks
• Basic understanding of statistical analytics and programming languages is a major plus
• Proficient writing in a second language is a major plus
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties, both related and unrelated to the above, may be assigned and therefore required. Unless otherwise specified in writing by ASA management, each associate is expected to perform his/her job at ASA headquarters at 100 Cambridge Street. All job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management, and every effort will be made, when possible, to communicate those changes to the associate.