Internship - Office of Grant Policy and OperationsBookmark This
Corporation for National & Community Service
1201 New York Avenue, NW
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
DescriptionThe Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) is a federal agency that engages more than five million Americans in service through Senior Corps and AmeriCorps and leads President Obama's national call to service initiative, United We Serve.
CNCS, located in Washington, DC, is looking for undergraduate or graduate students for this internship. The intern will participate in the development of policies and procedures pertaining to grant review processes across all programs and assist in planning and implementation of grant reviews. This position is located in the Office of Grant Policy and Operations.
CNCS is unable to offer stipends, relocation or housing assistance. However, this internship offers opportunities to gain excellent practical work experience and skill development. Intern may be eligible to receive commuter benefits to use for public transportation to and from the internship site.
Start/End Dates: Flexible
ResponsibilitiesDUTIES (including, but not limited to):
• Participate in the development and revisions of policies and procedures pertaining to grant review processes across all programs.
• Interpret legal and regulatory requirements related to the Federal government and the Corporation grant making process.
• Assist in planning, preparation, and implementation of application reviews for grant competitions for Corporation programs.
• Coordinate with program offices and other units for planning, preparations and implementation of grant reviews.
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal customers.
• Assist in organizing, and conducting training associated with peer reviews and developing training material.