Intern, Content & ProgrammingBookmark This
New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
DescriptionVEVO, North America’s #1 online music service, is currently hiring interns for Fall 2010 in its Content & Programming department. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing and most exciting new companies in the entertainment industry.
All interns will be involved in a wide range of tasks from creative to technical and administrative. Our interns will gain valuable insight into the music & technology industries and learn about the dedication it takes to maintain and develop a successful online business. As a year old company, the VEVO staff has come to rely on our interns as an integral part of the team and as such we invest time in training them and mentoring those who display aptitude and enthusiasm. Our interns have the unique opportunity of defining their roles based on their own interests and backgrounds.
ResponsibilitiesSome of the projects interns may be involved in assisting with:
- Assist in daily programming of VEVO
- Defining & developing content & product ideas
- Social media marketing, writing articles for our blog.
- Analytical and research projects
- Assisting in artist interviews, music events & acquiring live footage
- Performing YouTube integration & maintenance
- Testing & updating technical & editorial elements of the site using Content Management Systems
RequirementsFirst and foremost, VEVO interns must be hard working, enthusiastic and dedicated. Organization, punctuality, reliability, self-motivation, creativity and attention to detail are all essential qualities, which we require in our interns. A wide knowledge of music is also a necessary for many of the tasks our interns perform, and having an understanding of VEVO and how it fits in to the wider music industry will be an advantage to you in applying for this position. If you feel you have the below skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Technical skills – MS Office, experienced with online video content. Excellent online research skills and/or advanced knowledge of MS Excel a plus.
- Writing skills & experience with social media such as blogs, Twitter & Facebook preferred.
- Aware of and passionate about current trends in both music and technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic graphic design skills a bonus.
We are only able to consider applications from those currently enrolled in an academic program and eligible to receive credit. No exceptions, sorry. Please be sure to confirm you are eligible in your cover letter or initial e-mail.
Full-time preferred, exceptional part time candidates (min. 25hrs/week) may be considered.