Intern - Allstate Research & Planning CenterBookmark This
Allstate Insurance Company
Menlo Park, CA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Full-time, Paid
DescriptionDescription We are seeking an intern to work for 12 weeks in the summer in the role of Researcher and Designer in the Consumer-Centric Research division of the Knowledge Discovery Group.
Responsibilities/Key Activities:This internship is ideal for the person who wants to understand and be involved with all stages of developing a new product or service. You will assist the team with projects at various stages of product development, from early-stage needfinding to late-stage user testing and data analysis. Depending on the timing of the internship, you may participate in: needfinding research (ethnographic, interviews, secondary); the iterative steps of brainstorming and obtaining user feedback; and/or the management of large-scale product testing and feedback. Responsibilities may include: arranging and assisting in discussion groups; brainstorming new concepts or improving on existing ones; coordinating product distribution to test users; and/or analyzing data from user testing. Through it all, you must be an avid observer and note-taker as well as a meticulous and thorough project manager, capable of working with a team to glean insights and customer needs from our research – whether qualitative or quantitative in nature. By the end of your internship, you should have assisted in developing a potential new product or service idea (or two).
Qualifications Skills/Experience :
- Graduate-level student with a concentration in Product Design, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Sociocultural Anthropology, Psychology, or the like.
- Previous work experience.
- Work or academic experience that demonstrates familiarity with ethnographic research or needfinding.
- Work or academic experience that demonstrates familiarity with handling data.
- Meticulous attention to detail in execution of a large project.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Team player but able to work independently with minimum direction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ethnographic research and needfinding experience are a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Allstate does not sponsor individuals who are not already authorized to work in the United States .