IT/Computer Systems InternBookmark This
HiWAAY Information Services
2705 Artie St SW Bldg 500 Ste 37
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionHiWAAY Information Services is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Support Intern to primarily learn and perform functional duties for IT support. The function of the IT Support Intern is to provide technical support and assistance across the various teams within the company, developing the skills and capabilities they will need to perform as a full-time employee within the information technology field.
This will be accomplished by working on various projects and assignments as directed by HiWAAY support of on-going IT operations. Exposure to multiple areas within IT (Help Desk, Applications, Managed IT Services and network Infrastructure) will be part of the Internship experience. The IT Internship can fulfill a requirement necessary for completion of a degree program.
ResponsibilitiesTo ensure your success HiWAAY offers you the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, attend informational sessions, network with peers and management. You'll learn from talented professionals in the industry and gain exceptional hands-on experience. You will be introduced to useful tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
Areas of opportunity include:
• Tier 1 Customer Technical Support
• Network services
• Managed IT Services
• Network and Systems Administration
• Currently pursuing an AS or BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems.
• Adapt to change quickly.
• Self-directed learner and enthusiastic.
• Ability to systematically analyze problems and document corrective actions.
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Computer systems and applications
• Broadband connectivity (DSL, Wireless, Cable)
• Good communication (written and verbal) as well as customer-service skills preferred
• Problem-solving as well as analytical skills a plus
• Windows, Linux, Mac, IoS workstations and Servers
• Microsoft Office and other applications
• Basic networking skills (DHCP, DNS)