Fashion Marketing Internships That Make a Difference - Intern at ClassWish.orgBookmark This
401 Seventh Avenue at 33 Street
New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionWe seek outstanding undergraduate and graduate students as interns for the school year and for the summer to work collaborate on the Fashion Industry Marketing program of the boldest nonprofit initiative we know.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, creative, passionate, and energetic students with exceptional skills to take initiative on a range of fashion marketing projects. This is an outstanding leadership opportunity in an innovative, emerging nonprofit.
Here is the problem we are tackling: K-12 schools in this country do not have enough resources for children to explore their potential and excel. Books, computers, art supplies, musical instruments, science equipment, sports equipment, and even paper for computers and printers are all in desperately short supply.
Our Approach: ClassWish.org, an exciting nonprofit, uses modern business practices and the latest marketing techniques to help generate funding to provide needed resources to 56 million kids at 125,000 schools. Teachers visit the site to create Wish Lists of the resources they need. People in the community can see exactly what is needed and contribute to help. Our Cause Marketing campaigns generate funding and awareness.
About Us: The people behind ClassWish.org include such prominent education and business leaders as Adam Hirsch, former COO, Mashable; Scott Cutler, EVP, New York Stock Exchange; Betsy Morgan, former CEO, Huffington Post; Nancy Pelz-Paget, Director, Education and Society Program, Aspen Institute; Sharon Robinson, CEO, American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education.
Fashion: Teachers and students are already getting supplies from ClassWish.org. Now, we need to raise greater awareness and funding so we can encourage more participation and help more kids. The fashion industry is a key element of that.
We are engaging with the Fashion industry, as follows:
• We will invite famous fashion designers to participate in the celebrity section of ClassWish. They will get their own page, where they can lend their voice to providing children with art suppleis and other resources; honor their own favorite teacher; and link to other fashion icons who are doing the same. They will also appear on web banner ads that we design specifically for each of them.
• We will secure donated ad inventory from fashion magazines, websites, blogs, schools, and retailers. The ClassWish PSA ads will feature the celebrities involved in the program.
• We will build Cause Marketing and promotional campaigns with fashion brands and retailers. For instance, we are working on one campaign now: ‘Win a wardrobe for yourself and one for your favorite teacher.’
• We will seek editorial coverage of the campaign from fashion magazines and websites.
• We will use social media to reinforce these campaigns.
ResponsibilitiesPlease see all our internship postings at http://ClassWish-Intern-Postings.org
RequirementsWe are a small organization, so we seek outstanding students who can take a leadership role. They will work in small teams and with our co-founder and other professionals. The fashion program is a new one for us, so this is a ground-floor opportunity.
The Environment: This is, frankly, a great place to work. We get great interns from all over the country and all over the world, so the atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. You will see at the link below that former interns offer a great review of ClassWish.org.
What do we offer? You will enhance your resume with a solid record of professional achievement and community service, work with great people, and have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped children get the tools they need to perform at their best.
Please see presentations about this and all our internship opportunties at http://ClassWish-Intern-Postings.org.
Do you know other outstanding students interested in the best internships in graphics, marketing, sports, music, fashion, celebrities, publishing, art, communications, social media, cause marketing, or video? Please send them to that URL.
If you want a great experience doing something you will always be proud of, send a short cover letter and a resume to interns@ClassWish.org. Impress us. This is competitive.
To see more information about this internship and our other positions, please see http://ClassWish-Intern-Postings.org