Early Learning Center Special Projects InternBookmark This
The Centers for Families and Children
4500 Euclid Ave.
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionIntern will work closely with Early Learning management staff to advance numerous special projects at both the administrative/executive and direct-service levels. Projects will be both time-limited (example – approx. 5 business days) and ongoing. Intern will have exposure to a variety of different early learning topic areas and staff members. This is the perfect internship for someone interested in seeing the many sides of our early learning operation and working with many different kinds of people. Intern will have the ability to shadow executive leaders, site managers and supervisors for the home-based program.
Responsibilities• Support for the development of new parent engagement initiatives including planning and implementation of parent-focused events and support groups
• Assist in the development and implementation of a neighborhood-specific client recruitment strategy including working closely with the internal marketing/communications department
• Designing and updating parent resource centers located within each site
• Designing and implementing a home visitor resource room
• Intern will work closely with staff leader on design for project including timeline, supplies, and confirmation of purpose/outcome. Intern may work alone or with other interns to complete project. Intern will lead effort with staff support.
Requirements• Self-starter, multi-tasker, creative problem-solver, ability to think on your feet
• Dependability and consistency and Must be able to handle confidential information
• Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Must work effectively and professionally with staff
• Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills required
• Willingness to attend training and learn new skills
• IT savvy/proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook and Word) preferred