Digital Marketing Internship, Writer/SEOBookmark This
453 S. Spring St., Suite 1101
Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionWe are proudly afflicted with Dreamentia™; the development, growth or awakening of creative awareness in the brain caused by the severe impairment or loss of one's in-the-box thinking and conventional cerebral functions. Our symptoms are the development of half left-brain and half right-brain thinking, the growth of logically and strategically driven creativity, and the addiction to solving advertising problems and conquering marketing challenges without the scourge of personal glory."
If we've caught your attention, you may also be interested to know that Dreamentia, Inc. provides marketing, branding, image-making and advertising services in both traditional (TV, radio, print) and new media (online, social, interactive).
We're looking for a savvy advertising intern who is a writer and loves digital media. "What does this mean," you may ask? This means you are a writer/blogger and you must love everything Internet based. In others words, you should understand some basics of SEO and social media. You should be intrigued with social media more so than just tweeting. If you love writing (and the internet), have at least 20 hours/per week of time to designate to the ever-changing world of Marketing, and are passionate to learn, contribute and be part of a team -- then you could be our gal/guy.
So if you're a self-starter, quick learner and eager to build your resume, give us a shout. We're located in the heart of Historic Downtown Los Angeles, but welcome applicants from anywhere. For consideration please email resume and cover letter.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you'll be doing:
• Copy editing
• Working closely with our Digital Marketing Manager
• Optimizing webpages for SEO clients
• Researching, organizing SEO and data with Digital Marketing Manager
• Writing articles/blogs
• Tweeting and contributing to corporate account
• Supporting client accounts with our Social Media Manager
• Creating and managing jobs (when applicable)
RequirementsThe Must Have's:
• Must be a wonderful spellerrrr (that copy editing thing)
• Must be interested in SEO and Social Media
• If you are not an SEO specialist you must be willing and excited to learn
• Preferably you have at least a few of these: Blog, Twitter, Pinterest, Quora, Tumblr, Facebook, Foursquare, or anything with your digital footprint
• Must be detail-oriented and organized
• Have strong computer skills (We're all Mac here, except for one dude and he's just goofy)
• Posses a great phone personality (we all answer phones here people)
• Have great research, proofing and editing skills
• Have experience in a fast-paced environment
• Have the ability to be creative, flexible and think "outside the box"
• Possess the skills to multi task, follow-through, organize and manage time
• Capable of communicating with vendors to ensure high standards of production quality
• Must be able to take initiative on projects and work independently