App DeveloperBookmark This
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionCompany Info: TimetoSave is a social organization dedicated to help people of all ages save for their financial future. We are focused on enhancing the quality of life of our members as they age so that they are free to pursue their interests without worrying about their financial situation. This is accomplished by fulfilling our member’s needs for an interactive community, information/education and savings options. These benefits allow our members to make “Time to Save” when preparing for their future.
• Work directly with a member from senior management to learn high-level skills
• Interns will receive recommendation letter from President and CEO if they have delivered excellent work.
• Everything that is created (that is not confidential) will go into the intern’s professional portfolio.
• Interns will have first-hand knowledge of how to market their services as a freelancer.
• Academic credit can be provided upon request.
Location: This is a virtual internship! Interns will work from home or any place that has internet connection. Candidates living near Wallingford, CT will be provided with an office space and onsite opportunities.
Timeline: Immediately! Approximately 10 hours a week for 15 weeks. Duration of internship can be negotiated.
Compensation: Internship is unpaid, but candidate may receive school credit upon request.
ResponsibilitiesThe App Developer will be responsible for some, but not limited to:
• Creating, maintaining, and implementing source code
• Designing and building prototype
• Defining physical program units and data structure
• Collaborating with other interns for creative ideas
• Reporting to supervisors on progress of work
• Providing innovative ideas for solutions
Requirements• Experience with mobile operating systems like iPhone and Android
• Knowledge of C#, ClearCase, JAVA, J2EE, Visual Basic, WebSphere, WebLogic a plus
• Detail oriented
• Creative thinker
• Problem solver
• Able to work on their own, but also be a team player
• Willingness to learn user-friendly software
• Must be punctual and able to attend phone meeting a few times a week