Assistant to the COO & General Counsel (internship)Bookmark This
Single Stop USA
1825 Park Ave. Suite 503
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Single Stop USA seeks an Assistant to the COO & General Counsel to provide operational and administrative support. The ideal candidate will play a critical role as the liaison between key SSUSA executives and staff members. In addition, the candidate will learn the administrative and operational practices that govern any successful non-profit organization. A part-time internship with Single Stop USA is an excellent opportunity to get hands-on experience at one of the nation’s most effective poverty fighting organizations.
Interested candidates will be encouraged to work for credit. Selected candidate will be eligible for a transportation stipend.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant to the COO & General Counsel (internship)” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Single Stop USA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information please see www.singlestopusa.org
• Provides administrative support to the COO & General Counsel including scheduling and coordinating meetings both internally and with other partners.
• Draft, edit, proofread and/or summarize high-level documents and reports to be reviewed by SSUSA executives.
• Organizes, maintains schedule, and advises COO and GC on various commitments.
• Handles incoming and outgoing correspondence between SSUSA executives and external partners, consultants, and executive assistants, especially email correspondence.
• Coordinates travel schedules and arranges reservations as needed; handles all changes to reservations, creates itineraries and other helpful documentation for ease of travel.
• Designs and maintains paper and electronic file management systems; provides database support.
• Performs general office tasks such as word processing, copying, and scanning, returning phone calls, sorting mail, faxes and deliveries in a timely manner. Schedules conference rooms and prepares for meetings.
• Creates and edits excel worksheets. Reconciles expense reports and receipts.
• Arranges and assists Special Assistant to the CEO with occasional social and general office events such as luncheons, birthdays, office parties, etc., group excursions, planning days and retreats.
• Efficiently manages and prioritizes multiple critical tasks.
• Handles phone calls as requested. Attends meetings with the COO and GC as requested.
• Handles special projects as requested.
• Assists with other administrative tasks as deemed necessary.
• Commitment to and passion for the mission and values of Single Stop USA, and the challenge of helping SSUSA grow to achieve maximum impact
• Bachelor’s degree required. Superior academic record a plus.
• Experience providing support to senior-level management is considered highly desirable.
• Experience working with common office management software, including MS Office, Excel and experience providing administrative support using Outlook.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
• Professionalism and experience dealing with high-level contacts, such as board members and funders
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, innovative and entrepreneurial work environment
• Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
• Experience managing complicated schedules, arranging travel, organizing meetings and events, dealing with vendors
• Research skills and an ability to identify important information and distill large quantities of information into the relevant major points
• Ability to asses a situation and determine the appropriate action independently, comfort with initiating projects and tasks
• Experience anticipating someone else's needs and acting accordingly
• Patience and ability to deal with any situation with calmness and professionalism