Artists Rights Movement
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionThe Artists Rights Movement (ARM) is building a national network. We are looking for activists to start ARM chapters at their schools. This is a great opportunity to get hands on work experience in art, politics, law, media, and government. Students don't sit around making coffee with ARM, they get real stuff to do. ARM Activists will also have the opportunity to work with some great artists and activists.
The Artists' Rights Movement (ARM) is for everyone.
Our mission is to strengthen laws that protect artists, improve working conditions for artists, and increase government funding for the arts.
ARM on facebook:
1. Start an ARM chapter.
2. Recruit new members.
3. Circulate the ARM petition (coming soon).
4. Post fliers and pass out leaflets.
5. Build a website
6. Educate people about artists' rights and the economic advantages of supporting the arts.
7. Ensure your school has artist friendly intellectual property policies. Some departments at universities are now
supporting anti-artist laws that make it difficult for artists to earn a living.
8. Start a letter writing campaign to the President, Congress and Judicial Branch.
If you are interested please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. To everyone else, please pass this along to your friends, students, kids, colleagues, dog, cat, goldfish, etc.
RequirementsARM is now offering internships for college, high school students, and artists. Volunteers are also welcome.
We are looking for passionate, self-starters who are interested in art, activism and social justice. All are welcome.