AT&T Student Intern Technical I ATT LabsBookmark This
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Full-time, Paid
2012 AT&T Labs Summer Intern - Technical I
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic students to participate in a summer internship within the AT&T Labs Organization. The Summer Internship program supports various technical initiatives in AT&T Labs.
This can include projects in Software & Systems Research, Networking & Services Research, Networks Systems & Engineering, Global Optical & Data Development, and IP Voice applications.
Key Roles and Responsibilities -
- Dependant on the project assigned this Internship opportunity affords a highly qualified college/university students the potential to become future leaders in ATT and the business community.
- The program provides the Technical Student Intern practical work experience to augment their education and career preparation.
- During the work experience, the Technical Student Intern will be exposed to the interpersonal relationships a job requires, both with co-workers and supervisors, that are essential in obtaining a successful, satisfying career.
- Duration of internship is 10 weeks.
- Work location: Middletown, NJ
At AT&T, our Chief Technology Office (CTO) is the embodiment of innovation. We’re responsible for developing, designing, planning and building AT&T’s wireless and wired networks, including the nation’s fastest 3G, 4G and LTE wireless networks, our groundbreaking U-verse network and one of the world’s largest and most advanced IP backbone networks. Just as importantly, our team conducts industry-leading research and development for network technologies as well as the applications that take advantage of connectivity.
Required Qualifications -
- Students pursuing a degree in Chemistry/Chemical, Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Linguistics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering,
Operations Research, Physics, Software Engineering, Speech and Hearing Technology, Statistics, Systems Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Cognitive Psychology/Experimental Psychology/Human Factors or similar field a college undergraduate a Masters program participant a Ph.D. program participant
- Must be enrolled at an accredited four-year U.S. college or university for the upcoming semester
- GPA of 3.0 or better on a scale of 4.0
- Have demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by extracurricular activities
- Indicating a strong interest in AT&T as a career choice
Desired Qualifications -
- GPA of 3.2 or better on a scale of 4.0
- Should be in the top half of class rankings
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented