2013 Internships By Company
The best way to bridge the gap between finishing college and getting a job is to experience an internship. Internships give you on-the-job experience, help you learn whether you and that industry are a good match, and can provide you with valuable connections and references. Whether you want a semester-long or summer internship, there are jobs for interns available throughout the year. Start your search at Internships.com, where you’ll find internship opportunities in many different companies, beginning with the list below.
- Investigate and fix specific problems
- Perform functional testing to ensure fix correctness
- Understand performance aspect and perform performance related testing
- Develop subset of feature within a team project
Intern - Human Resources
1) Organizational Maintenance: Responsible for maintaining data integrity and submitting changes for our HRIS system. Responsible for maintaining org charts for assigned groups.
2) Recruitment: Liaison with recruiting to provided required information for all new hires in order to properly enter them into our HRIS system. Determine rehire eligibility for candidates by working with Legal, Commissions (if in Sales) and looking in our HRIS system. Responsible for maintaining a spreadsheet of current vacancies for your assigned groups (Sales).
3) Performance Management: Audit /monitor the completion of annual performance objectives as documented in our Performance Management Tool. Trouble-shoot issues with tool as needed and/or refer employees to HRdirect when appropriate. Run reports for HR Business Partners and follow up with employee groups to ensure completion. Audit completion of Succession Planning documentation and prepare basic analysis of succession planning feedback. Assist as needed in the Talent Review Process.
4) Compensation (Rewards /Recognition): Audit/monitor the completion of compensation plans in our system. Audit transfers and new hires to ensure documents are loaded for them. Maintain & retrieve job descriptions database. Prepare promotional/off-cycle compensation change forms as needed. Analyze performance management data against compensation data. Retrieve usage reports from the Recognition Tool. Partner with compensation.
5) Other duties as required, including but not limited to:
[bullet] Access/leverage info from daily audit reports, address lists, HR systems etc. as needed.
[bullet] Reporting and analysis of data
[bullet] Partner with HR Shared Services and Centers of Excellence to recommend process improvements.
[bullet] Logistics coordination for meetings
[bullet] Serve as a critical resource for leaders and employees on HR processes
[bullet] Promote and educate employees and leaders on HR programs/initiatives
[bullet] Transfer knowledge of processes, system navigation, & procedures to incoming interns as needed
[bullet] Add/Update process documentation on the company portal as needed
Participate in all phases of development, including: prototyping, designing, coding, and testing
Communicate proactively, precisely & accurately
Build platform components which satisfy the security and tenancy requirements of Cloud environment
Design and build cloud components for critical features like HA, Elasticity, Fault Tolerance
Design components based on network topology and operational needs of the Cloud infrastructure
Collaborate with application development teams and drive alignment towards cost-effective, maintainable and high performing common services with lower TCO
Design and implement reference cloud applications to show-case the platform and value aspects of HANA Cloud
Build tools and frameworks based on open standards like OpenStack or AWS API
Intern, External Relationship
Community Relations Programs
Develop new strategies, processes, guidelines, policies and programs to encourage and support employee involvement in the community
Inspire employees to lead and participate in volunteer events
Support, manage and track SAP partnerships with key organizations in Silicon Valley including The Churchill Club, The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, The Anita Borg Institute, SV Forum, GABA, Sustainability Silicon Valley and others.
Support SAP local activities and events
Represent SAP at different forums, seminars, and events, including CCRC (Corporate Community Relations Consortium)
Track employee registration for awards ceremonies, community events and sponsored partners
Track placement of key participants in speaking opportunities throughout Silicon Valley and track key mentions in press
Manage content for the Palo Alto employee community network site on the Jive platform
Engage employees and executives in Community Relations initiatives
Create focus and drive participation with the local employee engagement committee
Develop and execute promotional campaigns (multimedia, ppt, newsletter articles) about community partners, both strategic and philanthropic, as well as volunteer activities
Develop internal and external communications related to grants and programs
Write and manage relevant internet and intranet content
Develop collateral to promote SAPs work in the community
Present to SAP new-hires and at SAP 101 classes
Intern, User Experience
-Create attractive, high quality UX designs, of both low and high fidelity. Knowledge of visual design and Analytical data visualization a plus.
-Involvement in end user research to explore, uncover and analyze end user requirements during field studies, user interviews etc
-Support of usability studies, including preparation, conduct, data analysis, and results presentation
-Collaboration with staff members on interaction design
Intern, Knowledge Management
Compose new and revise existing technical user guides and application help documents using SAP authoring tools
Learn how to work in cross-functional teams to share and obtain technical information and be able to analyze and then distill that information into clear and useful instructions for readers of documentation
Intern, Quality Assurance
Engage in development discussion and project planning/review.
Define/Develop test plans, cases or scripts according to business requirement and software specification.
Conduct tests manually or automatically during the development/testing/optimizing phases of GRC Analytics software.
Document and track defects during tests.