2013 NIH Internships
If you are a pre-dental, pre-medical, or a grad school student interested in bio-medical research, then an internship with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) should be your aim. The NIH is made up of 27 institutes like the NIH Clinical Center, National Cancer Institute, National Institute on Aging and many more. These internships will equip you with lab research, guidance from experienced researchers and doctors, and gets you a sneak peek into your future professional world. Do your research on which NIH institute you would like to work for and apply online for an NIH internship. Not only physical ailments, but stress and mental health problems are on the rise. The health care industry demands well-trained and knowledgeable researchers, and this could be your chance to make your mark. While you don't need prior research experience for these internships, the competition is tight. So hurry up and get your NIH internship application in before someone takes your spot.
Computer Systems Intern
Nursing, Psychology, or Other Health-Related Internship - in Telemedicine
Public Health/Disease Management Intern
Medical Services Internship
Student Intern Fresenius Health Partners
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
· Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
· Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
· Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
· Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Call Center reporting needs for department and Supervisors
· Enrollments for disease management program
· Data reconciliation
· Assist in creation of client contractual documentation and data entry
· Assist Account management with building client/associate resource documentation
· Assist in documentation of work flows and policies and procedures for various work groups
· Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day
· Ability to look at a monitor all day
· Ability to be able to type all day
· Individual attending college in minimum sophomore year completed
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Intermediate knowledge in Excel
· Intermediate knowledge of Power Point
· Analytical Thinker
· Type at least 30 WPM
· Organizational Skills
· Ability to work independently
· Proficiency with data bases such as Access or Crystal helpful, not required
· Web saavy
This individual would report to the Supervisor of Member and Provider Services with a dotted line to Account Management.