2013 Philadelphia Banking Internships
Are you interested in becoming a banker in Philadelphia? A banking internship is the perfect way to gain relevant experience required to break into the profession. Your internship experience can expose you to investment and commercial banking, corporate finance, private equity, underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, raising capital and much more.
Many students are interested in banking because the high likelihood of a paid internship and the opportunity to intern in large financial districts in major cities. It’s certainly true that not all banking internships are in New York, but any experience will help you create connections and grow your professional network. In addition, an internship or summer job is often a requirement before receiving a full-time offer, and many interns leverage their experience to land entry level jobs with the companies they interned for.
Banking offers a wide variety of potential careers, and interning with a bank provides students with real-world experience that helps shape their future career. Are you ready to get started? Search for banking internship opportunities below.
Real Estate Investment and Development Finance Intern
Childcare Microenterprise Internship
National Arts Festival Marketing/PR Intern
International Finance and Accounting Intern
The International Finance & Accounting Intern creates and maintains web-based applications in support of the many internal UPS groups. The foundation of these applications is the underlying data and database design that support them. The junior design/data analyst will assist in the data analysis, data and user interface testing, writing basic specification, and support of these systems.
- Receive data in various formats and create tables in MS SQL Server to model it
- Analyze data column by column in preparation for creating constraints
- Write queries to insert, update, and delete data
- Write basic business specifications for costing processes and user interfaces
- Understand the business processes behind the data
- Experience writing SQL on an Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database
- Experience in the transportation and/or freight forwarding industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite to include Access, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Available to work 35-40 hours per week